Indeterminacy in a small open economy with endogenous labor supply
AbstractWe establish conditions under which indeterminacy can occur in a small open economy business cycle model with endogenous labor supply. Indeterminacy requires small externalities in technologies with social constant returns to scale, independently of the intertemporal elasticities in both consumption and labor. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 22 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- JEL - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- Cla - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- Num - Economic History - - - - -
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F4. - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - -
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Yi Wen, 2011.
"OPEC’s oil exporting strategy and macroeconomic (in)stability,"
2011-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Wen, Yi, 2012. "OPEC's oil exporting strategy and macroeconomic (in)stability," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 132-136.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar & Yi Wen, 2011. "OPEC´s Oil Exporting Strategy and Macroeconomic (In)Stability," NIPE Working Papers 10/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Zhang, Yan, 2008.
"Tariff and Equilibrium Indeterminacy--(II),"
10043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luis & Wen, Yi, 2004.
"Foreign Trade and Equilibrium Indeterminacy,"
04-09, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Hu, Yunfang & Mino, Kazuo, 2013.
"Trade structure and belief-driven fluctuations in a global economy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 414-424.
- Yunfang Hu & Kazuo Mino, 2013. "Trade Structure and Belief-Driven Fluctuations in a Global Economy," KIER Working Papers 841, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Kazuo Mino, 2008. "Preference Structure and Volatility in a Financially Integrated World," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-05, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Patrick Pintus, 2004. "International Capital Mobility and Aggregate Volatility: the Case of Credit-Rationed Open Economies," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 193, Society for Computational Economics.
- Kim, Jinill, 2005. "Does utility curvature matter for indeterminacy?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 421-429, August.
- Ching-chong Lai & Chi-ting Chin, 2010. "(In)determinacy, increasing returns, and the optimality of the Friedman rule in an endogenously growing open economy," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 69-100, July.
- Airaudo, Marco & Zanna, Luis-Felipe, 2012. "Interest rate rules, endogenous cycles, and chaotic dynamics in open economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1566-1584.
- Keiichi Morimoto & Takeo Hori & Noritaka Maebayashi & Koichi Futagami, 2013. "Fiscal Sustainability, Macroeconomic Stability, and Welfare under Fiscal Discipline in a Small Open Economy," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 13-07, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Zhang, Yan, 2008.
"Does the utility function form matter for indeterminacy in a two sector small open economy?,"
10045, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yan Zhang, 2008. "Does the Utility Function Form Matter for Indeterminacy in a Two Sector Small Open Economy," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(1), pages 91-101, May.
- Yunfang Hu & Kazuo Mino, 2011. "Globalization and Volatility under Alternative Trade Structures," KIER Working Papers 791, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Mino, Kazuo, 2008. "Financial integration and volatility in a two-country world," MPRA Paper 16953, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & TengTeng Xu, 2013. "Business Cycle Effects of Credit Shocks in a DSGE Model with Firm Defaults," Working Papers 13-19, Bank of Canada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.