Integro-differential equations for option prices in exponential Lévy models
AbstractWe explore the precise link between option prices in exponential Lévy models and the related partial integro-differential equations (PIDEs) in the case of European options and options with single or double barriers. We first discuss the conditions under which options prices are classical solutions of the PIDEs. We show that these conditions may fail in pure jump models and give examples of lack of smoothness of option prices with respect to the underlying. We give sufficient conditions on the Lévy triplet for the prices of barrier options to be continuous with respect to the underlying and show that, in a general setting, option prices in exp-Lévy models correspond to viscosity solutions of the pricing PIDE. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Other versions of this item:
- Cont, Rama & Voltchkova, Ekaterina, 2005. "Integro-Differential Equations for Option Prices in Exponential Lévy Models," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006.
"Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-034, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Denis Belomestny & Markus Reiß, 2006. "Spectral calibration of exponential Lévy Models ," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-035, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jakob S\"ohl & Mathias Trabs, 2012. "Option calibration of exponential L\'evy models: Confidence intervals and empirical results," Papers 1202.5983, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2012.
- N. Hilber & N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2009. "Numerical methods for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 471-500, September.
- Peter K. Friz & Stefan Gerhold & Marc Yor, 2013. "How to make Dupire's local volatility work with jumps," Papers 1302.5548, arXiv.org.
- René Carmona & Sergey Nadtochiy, 2012. "Tangent Lévy market models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 63-104, January.
- Pavel V. Gapeev, 2006. "Perpetual Barrier Options in Jump-Diffusion Models," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-058, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jacob Söhl & Mathias Trabs, 2012. "Option calibration of exponential Lévy models: Implementation and empirical results," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-017, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jesús P. Colino, 2008. "Weak convergence in credit risk," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws085518, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- S. Kindermann & P. Mayer, 2011. "On the calibration of local jump-diffusion asset price models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 685-724, December.
- Peter Friz & Stefan Gerhold, 2011. "Don't stay local - extrapolation analytics for Dupire's local volatility," Papers 1105.1267, arXiv.org.
- N. Reich & C. Schwab & C. Winter, 2010. "On Kolmogorov equations for anisotropic multivariate Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 527-567, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.