An example of indifference prices under exponential preferences
AbstractThe aim herein is to analyze utility-based prices and hedging strategies. The analysis is based on an explicitly solved example of a European claim written on a nontraded asset, in a model where risk preferences are exponential, and the traded and nontraded asset are diffusion processes with, respectively, lognormal and arbitrary dynamics. Our results show that a nonlinear pricing rule emerges with certainty equivalent characteristics, yielding the price as a nonlinear expectation of the derivative’s payoff under the appropriate pricing measure. The latter is a martingale measure that minimizes its relative to the historical measure entropy. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 8 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Wei & Odening, Martin & Musshoff, Oliver, 2007. "Indifference Pricing of Weather Insurance," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9267, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ilhan, Aytaç & Jonsson, Mattias & Sircar, Ronnie, 2009. "Optimal static-dynamic hedges for exotic options under convex risk measures," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(10), pages 3608-3632, October.
- Michael Mania & Marina Santacroce, 2010. "Exponential utility maximization under partial information," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 419-448, September.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007.
"Pricing Options in Incomplete Equity Markets via the Instantaneous Sharpe Ratio,"
math/0701650, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2007.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia Young, 2008. "Pricing options in incomplete equity markets via the instantaneous Sharpe ratio," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 399-429, October.
- Antoon Pelsser, 2011. "Time-Consistent Actuarial Valuations," Papers 1109.1751, arXiv.org.
- Michael Mania & Marina Santacroce, 2008. "Exponential Utility Maximization under Partial Information," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 24-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Gang-Zhi Fan & Ming Pu & Seow Ong, 2012. "Optimal Portfolio Choices, House Risk Hedging and the Pricing of Forward House Transactions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, June.
- Chen, Mi & Peng, Xiaofan & Guo, Junyi, 2013. "Optimal dividend problem with a nonlinear regular-singular stochastic control," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 448-456.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S & Tebaldi, Claudio, 2004. "Illiquid Assets and Optimal Portfolio Choice," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt7q65t12x, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Claudia Ceci & Anna Gerardi, 2011. "Utility indifference valuation for jump risky assets," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 85-120, November.
- Mingxin Xu, 2006.
"Risk measure pricing and hedging in incomplete markets,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 51-71, January.
- Mingxin Xu, 2004. "Risk Measure Pricing and Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Finance 0406004, EconWPA, revised 06 Apr 2005.
- Vicky Henderson & Gechun Liang, 2014. "Pseudo Linear Pricing Rule for Utility Indifference Valuation," Papers 1403.7830, arXiv.org.
- Akuzawa, Toshinao & Nishiyama, Yoshihiko, 2013. "Implied Sharpe ratios of portfolios with options: Application to Nikkei futures and listed options," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 335-357.
- Stadje, M.A. & Pelsser, A., 2014. "Time-Consistent and Market-Consistent Evaluations (Revised version of 2012-086)," Discussion Paper 2014-002, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Michail Anthropelos & Nikolaos E. Frangos & Stylianos Z. Xanthopoulos & Athanasios N. Yannacopoulos, 2008. "On contingent claims pricing in incomplete markets: A risk sharing approach," Papers 0809.4781, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2012.
- David German, 2010. "Overview of utility-based valuation," Papers 1003.5712, arXiv.org.
- Srdjan Stojanovic, 2006. "Pricing and Hedging of Multi Type Contracts under Multidimensional Risks in Incomplete Markets Modeled by General Itô SDE Systems," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 345-372, December.
- Pelsser, A. & Stadje, M.A., 2012. "Time-Consistent and Market-Consistent Evaluations (Revised version of CentER DP 2011-063)," Discussion Paper 2012-086, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2829, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.