Discrete time hedging errors for options with irregular payoffs
AbstractIn a complete market with a constant interest rate and a risky asset, which is a linear diffusion process, we are interested in the discrete time hedging of a European vanilla option with payoff function f. As regards the perfect continuous hedging, this discrete time strategy induces, for the trader, a risk which we analyze w.r.t. n, the number of discrete times of rebalancing. We prove that the rate of convergence of this risk (when $n \rightarrow + \infty$) strongly depends on the regularity properties of f: the results cover the cases of standard options.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 5 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: received: July 1999; final version received: September 2000
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2010. "Mean square error for the Leland–Lott hedging strategy: convex pay-offs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 625-667, December.
- Geiss, Christel & Geiss, Stefan & Gobet, Emmanuel, 2012. "Generalized fractional smoothness and Lp-variation of BSDEs with non-Lipschitz terminal condition," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(5), pages 2078-2116.
- Tankov, Peter & Voltchkova, Ekaterina, 2009. "Asymptotic analysis of hedging errors in models with jumps," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(6), pages 2004-2027, June.
- Ales Cerny & Stephan Denkl & Jan Kallsen, 2013. "Hedging in L\'evy models and the time step equivalent of jumps," Papers 1309.7833, arXiv.org.
- Mats Brod\'en & Magnus Wiktorsson, 2010. "Hedging Errors Induced by Discrete Trading Under an Adaptive Trading Strategy," Papers 1004.4526, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.