Fractional Brownian motion, random walks and binary market models
AbstractWe prove a Donsker type approximation theorem for the fractional Brownian motion in the case $H>1/2.$ Using this approximation we construct an elementary market model that converges weakly to the fractional analogue of the Black-Scholes model. We show that there exist arbitrage opportunities in this model. One such opportunity is constructed explicitly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 5 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: received: October 1999; final version received: August 2000
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Power, Gabriel J. & Turvey, Calum G., 2010. "Long-range dependence in the volatility of commodity futures prices: Wavelet-based evidence," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(1), pages 79-90.
- Bertin, Karine & Torres, Soledad & Tudor, Ciprian A., 2011. "Drift parameter estimation in fractional diffusions driven by perturbed random walks," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 243-249, February.
- Christian Bender & Tommi Sottinen & Esko Valkeila, 2010. "Fractional processes as models in stochastic finance," Papers 1004.3106, arXiv.org.
- Nieminen, Ari, 2004. "Fractional Brownian motion and Martingale-differences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-10, October.
- R. Vilela Mendes & M. J. Oliveira & A. M. Rodrigues, 2012. "The fractional volatility model: No-arbitrage, leverage and completeness," Papers 1205.2866, arXiv.org.
- Nils Chr. Framstad, 2012. "On free lunches in random walk markets with short-sale constraints and small transaction costs, and weak convergence to Gaussian continuous-time processes," Papers 1206.5756, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2012.
- Rostek, Stefan & Schöbel, Rainer, 2006. "Risk preference based option pricing in a fractional Brownian market," TÃ¼binger DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 299, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Slominski, Leszek & Ziemkiewicz, Bartosz, 2009. "On weak approximations of integrals with respect to fractional Brownian motion," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 543-552, February.
- Inoue, Akihiko & Nakano, Yumiharu & Anh, Vo, 2007. "Binary market models with memory," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 256-264, February.
- Bardina, X. & Nourdin, I. & Rovira, C. & Tindel, S., 2010. "Weak approximation of a fractional SDE," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 39-65, January.
- Gloter, A. & Hoffmann, M., 2004. "Stochastic volatility and fractional Brownian motion," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 143-172, September.
- Turvey, Calum G., 2007. "A note on scaled variance ratio estimation of the Hurst exponent with application to agricultural commodity prices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 377(1), pages 155-165.
- Gapeev, Pavel V., 2004. "On arbitrage and Markovian short rates in fractional bond markets," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 211-222, December.
- Garzón, J. & Gorostiza, L.G. & León, J.A., 2009. "A strong uniform approximation of fractional Brownian motion by means of transport processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 119(10), pages 3435-3452, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.