Exercise regions of American options on several assets
AbstractIn this paper, we study the nonemptiness and the shape of the exercise region of American options written on several assets. Our contribution is threefold. First, we state an analytic theorem which characterizes the nonemptiness of the exercise region. Second, we study a particular class of payoff functions for which we explicitly identify the shape and the asymptotic behavior near maturity of the associated exercise region. Finally, we present additional results which complement the Broadie and Detemple results concerning the valuation of various types of American options on several assets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: received: June 1997; final version received: July 1998
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Paul Decamps & Thomas Mariotti & Stephane Villeneuve, 2003.
"Investment Timing under Incomplete Information,"
STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series
444, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Louberge, Henri & Villeneuve, Stephane & Chesney, Marc, 2002.
"Long-term risk management of nuclear waste: a real options approach,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 157-180, November.
- CHESNEY, Marc & LOUBERGE, Henri & VILLENEUVE, Stéphane, 2001. "Long-term risk management of nuclear waste : a real options approach," Les Cahiers de Recherche 767, HEC Paris.
- Rombouts, Jeroen V.K. & Stentoft, Lars, 2011.
"Multivariate option pricing with time varying volatility and correlations,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2267-2281, September.
- Jeroen Rombouts & Lars Peter Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing With Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-23, CIRANO.
- ROMBOUTS, Jeroen J. K & STENTOFT, Lars, 2010. "Multivariate option pricing with time varying volatility and correlations," CORE Discussion Papers 2010020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing with Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," CREATES Research Papers 2010-19, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing with Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," Cahiers de recherche 1020, CIRPEE.
- Masahiko Egami & Tadao Oryu, 2010. "Options on Multiple Assets in a Mean-Reverting Model," Discussion papers e-10-005, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Ken-ichi Mitsui & Yoshio Tabata, 2005. "Wavelet based Multi-grid analysis, Wavelet Galerkin method and their Applications to American option: A Survey," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-26, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.