Exercise regions of American options on several assets
AbstractIn this paper, we study the nonemptiness and the shape of the exercise region of American options written on several assets. Our contribution is threefold. First, we state an analytic theorem which characterizes the nonemptiness of the exercise region. Second, we study a particular class of payoff functions for which we explicitly identify the shape and the asymptotic behavior near maturity of the associated exercise region. Finally, we present additional results which complement the Broadie and Detemple results concerning the valuation of various types of American options on several assets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: received: June 1997; final version received: July 1998
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ken-ichi Mitsui & Yoshio Tabata, 2005. "Wavelet based Multi-grid analysis, Wavelet Galerkin method and their Applications to American option: A Survey," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-26, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Louberge, Henri & Villeneuve, Stephane & Chesney, Marc, 2002.
"Long-term risk management of nuclear waste: a real options approach,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 157-180, November.
- CHESNEY, Marc & LOUBERGE, Henri & VILLENEUVE, Stéphane, 2001. "Long-term risk management of nuclear waste : a real options approach," Les Cahiers de Recherche 767, HEC Paris.
- Jeroen Rombouts & Lars Peter Stentoft, 2010.
"Multivariate Option Pricing With Time Varying Volatility and Correlations,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Rombouts, Jeroen V.K. & Stentoft, Lars, 2011. "Multivariate option pricing with time varying volatility and correlations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2267-2281, September.
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing with Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," Cahiers de recherche 1020, CIRPEE.
- ROMBOUTS, Jeroen J. K & STENTOFT, Lars, 2010. "Multivariate option pricing with time varying volatility and correlations," CORE Discussion Papers 2010020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jeroen V.K. Rombouts & Lars Stentoft, 2010. "Multivariate Option Pricing with Time Varying Volatility and Correlations," CREATES Research Papers 2010-19, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Masahiko Egami & Tadao Oryu, 2010. "Options on Multiple Assets in a Mean-Reverting Model," Discussion papers e-10-005, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Décamps, Jean-Paul & Mariotti, Thomas & Villeneuve, Stéphane, 2000.
"Investment Timing under Incomplete Information,"
IDEI Working Papers
115, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Apr 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.