Financial equilibria in the semimartingale setting: Complete markets and markets with withdrawal constraints
AbstractExistence of stochastic financial equilibria giving rise to semimartingale asset prices is established under a general class of assumptions. These equilibria are expressed in real terms and span complete markets or markets with withdrawal constraints. We deal with random endowment density streams which admit jumps and general time-dependent utility functions on which only regularity conditions are imposed. As an integral part of the proof of the main result, we establish a novel characterization of semimartingale functions. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2006
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Finance and Stochastics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martins-da-Rocha, V. Filipe & Riedel, Frank, 2010.
"On equilibrium prices in continuous time,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 145(3), pages 1086-1112, May.
- Martins-da-Rocha, Victor Filipe & Riedel, Frank, 2008. "On Equilibrium Prices in Continuous Time," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 672, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- V. Filipe Martins-da-Rocha & Frank Riedel, 2008. "On equilibrium prices in continuous time," Working Papers 397, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- V. Filipe Martins-da-Rocha & Frank Riedel, 2008. "On Equilibrium Prices in Continuous Time," Papers 0802.3585, arXiv.org.
- Gordan Žitković, 2012. "An example of a stochastic equilibrium with incomplete markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 177-206, April.
- Gordan Zitkovic, 2009. "An example of a stochastic equilibrium with incomplete markets," Papers 0906.0208, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2010.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.