Stock market crashes are outliers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems.
Volume (Year): 1 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/10051
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Rama Cont, 1998. "A Langevin approach to stock market fluctuations and crashes," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500027, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Anders Johansen & Didier Sornette, 2000. "The Nasdaq crash of April 2000: Yet another example of log-periodicity in a speculative bubble ending in a crash," Papers cond-mat/0004263, arXiv.org, revised May 2000.
- Gu, Gao-Feng & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2007. "Statistical properties of daily ensemble variables in the Chinese stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 383(2), pages 497-506.
- Focardi, Sergio & Cincotti, Silvano & Marchesi, Michele, 2002. "Self-organization and market crashes," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 241-267, October.
- Stavroyiannis, S. & Makris, I. & Nikolaidis, V., 2010. "Non-extensive properties, multifractality, and inefficiency degree of the Athens Stock Exchange General Index," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 19-24, January.
- Georges Harras & Didier Sornette, 2008.
"How to grow a bubble: A model of myopic adapting agents,"
0806.2989, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2010.
- Harras, Georges & Sornette, Didier, 2011. "How to grow a bubble: A model of myopic adapting agents," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 137-152.
- Charles, Amelie & Darne, Olivier, 2006. "Large shocks and the September 11th terrorist attacks on international stock markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 683-698, July.
- Ingve Simonsen & Mogens H. Jensen & Anders Johansen, 2002. "Optimal Investment Horizons," Papers cond-mat/0202352, arXiv.org.
- Wei-Xing Zhou & Didier Sornette, 2002. "Non-Parametric Analyses of Log-Periodic Precursors to Financial Crashes," Papers cond-mat/0205531, arXiv.org.
- Gee Kwang Randolph Tan & Xiao Qin, 2005. "Bubbles, Can We Spot Them? Crashes, Can We Predict Them?," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 206, Society for Computational Economics.
- Cornelis A. Los & Rossitsa M. Yalamova, 2004. "Multi-Fractal Spectral Analysis of the 1987 Stock Market Crash," Finance 0409050, EconWPA.
- D. Sornette & R. Woodard, . "Financial Bubbles, Real Estate bubbles, Derivative Bubbles, and the Financial and Economic Crisis," Working Papers CCSS-09-003, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2003. "VaR-Efficient Portfolios for a Class of Super- and Sub-Exponentially Decaying Assets Return Distributions," Papers physics/0301009, arXiv.org.
- Zhou, Wei-Xing & Sornette, Didier, 2009. "A case study of speculative financial bubbles in the South African stock market 2003–2006," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(6), pages 869-880.
- Qian, Xi-Yuan & Song, Fu-Tie & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2008. "Nonlinear behaviour of the Chinese SSEC index with a unit root: Evidence from threshold unit root tests," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(2), pages 503-510.
- B. M. Roehner & D. Sornette, 2000. ""Thermometers" of Speculative Frenzy," Papers cond-mat/0001353, arXiv.org.
- W. -X. Zhou & D. Sornette, 2002. "Evidence of a Worldwide Stock Market Log-Periodic Anti-Bubble Since Mid-2000," Papers cond-mat/0212010, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2003.
- Anders Johansen & Didier Sornette & Olivier Ledoit, 1999. "Empirical and Theoretical Status of Discrete Scale Invariance in Financial Crashes," Finance 9903006, EconWPA.
- D. Sornette & W. -X. Zhou, 2003. "Predictability of large future changes in major financial indices," Papers cond-mat/0304601, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2004.
- Mu, Guo-Hua & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2008. "Relaxation dynamics of aftershocks after large volatility shocks in the SSEC index," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(21), pages 5211-5218.
- D. Sornette & A. Johansen, 2001. "Significance of log-periodic precursors to financial crashes," Papers cond-mat/0106520, arXiv.org.
- Kapopoulos, Panayotis & Siokis, Fotios, 2005. "Stock market crashes and dynamics of aftershocks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 48-54, October.
- A. Johansen & D. Sornette, 2002. "Endogenous versus Exogenous Crashes in Financial Markets," Papers cond-mat/0210509, arXiv.org.
- Didier Sornette & Ryan Woodard, 2009. "Financial Bubbles, Real Estate bubbles, Derivative Bubbles, and the Financial and Economic Crisis," Papers 0905.0220, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.