The Pricing of Time-Varying Beta
AbstractWe examine asset pricing models with time-varying betas. In the framework of the conditional Arbitrage Pricing Theory (APT), we show that if the betas are time-varying, the conditional probability distribution of returns depends on the conditional probability distribution od betas. We prove that time-varying betas increase the conditional variance or returns.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Gonzalez-Rivera, G., 1996. "The Pricing of Time-Varing Beta," The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management 96-1, The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management. University of California Riverside.
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tusell Palmer, Fernando Jorge & Esteban González, María Victoria, 2009. "Predicting Betas: Two new methods," BILTOKI 2009-01, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Entorf, Horst & Jamin, Gösta, 2003.
"German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Level, International Trade, and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs,"
Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics
20147, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Horst Entorf & Gösta Jamin, 2007. "German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Levels, International Trade and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 344-374, 08.
- Entorf & Jamin, 2005. "German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Level, International Trade, and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs," International Finance 0508005, EconWPA.
- Jamin, Gösta & Entorf, Horst, 2004. "German Exchange Rate Exposure at DAX and Aggregate Level, International Trade, and the Role of Exchange Rate Adjustment Costs," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-03, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Esteban González, María Victoria & Orbe Mandaluniz, Susan, 2006. "Nonparametric estimation betas in the Market Model," BILTOKI 2006-03, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Buckland, Roger & Fraser, Patricia, 2002. "The scale and patterns of abnormal returns to equity investment in UK electricity distribution," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 39-62.
- Coleman, Jane A. & Shaik, Saleem, 2009. "Time-Varying Estimation of Crop Insurance Program in Altering North Dakota Farm Economic Structure," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49516, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Martin Scheicher, 2000. "Time-varying risk in the German stock market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 70-91.
- repec:dar:vpaper:20147 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.