Gender-specific trends in the value of education and the emerging gender gap in college completion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 43 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Ming-Ching Luoh, 2002.
"Gender Differences in Completed Schooling,"
NBER Working Papers
9028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarah Hayford, 2013. "Marriage (Still) Matters: The Contribution of Demographic Change to Trends in Childlessness in the United States," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(5), pages 1641-1661, October.
- Day, Angelique & Dworsky, Amy & Fogarty, Kieran & Damashek, Amy, 2011. "An examination of post-secondary retention and graduation among foster care youth enrolled in a four-year university," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2335-2341.
- Goldin, Claudia & Kuziemko, Ilyana & Katz, Lawrence, 2006.
"The Homecoming of American College Women: The Reversal of the College Gender Gap,"
2962611, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz & Ilyana Kuziemko, 2006. "The Homecoming of American College Women: The Reversal of the College Gender Gap," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 133-156, Fall.
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz & Ilyana Kuziemko, 2006. "The Homecoming of American College Women: The Reversal of the College Gender Gap," NBER Working Papers 12139, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin S. Wong, 2013. "Gender preference and transfers from parents to children: an inter-regional comparison," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(1), pages 61-80, January.
- Gary S. Becker & William H. J. Hubbard & Kevin M. Murphy, 2010.
"Explaining the Worldwide Boom in Higher Education of Women,"
Journal of Human Capital,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 203 - 241.
- Gary S. Becker & William Hubbard & Kevin Murphy, 2010. "Explaining the Worldwide Boom in Higher Education of Women," Working Papers 2010-009, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Martin Piotrowski & Yok-Fong Paat, 2012. "Determinants of Educational Attainment in Rural Thailand: A Life Course Approach," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 31(6), pages 907-934, December.
- Hyunjoon Park & Jere Behrman & Jaesung Choi, 2013. "Causal Effects of Single-Sex Schools on College Entrance Exams and College Attendance: Random Assignment in Seoul High Schools," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 447-469, April.
- Ficano, Carlena Cochi, 2012. "Peer effects in college academic outcomes – Gender matters!," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1102-1115.
- Reijnders, Laurie S.M., 2014. "The college gender gap reversal: Insights from a life-cycle perspective," Research Report 14006-EEF, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.