Spatial Statistical Analysis and Geographic Information Systems
AbstractIn this paper, the authors discuss a number of general issues that pertain to the interface between GIS and spatial analysis. In particular, they focus on the various paradigms for spatial data analysis that follow from the existence of this interface. They outline a series of questions that need to be confronted in the analysis of spatial data, and the extent to which a GIS can facilitate their resolution. They also review a number of exploratory and confirmatory techniques that they feel should form the core of a spatial analysis module for a GIS.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Annals of Regional Science.
Volume (Year): 26 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00168/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carola Méndez Araya & Marcelo Lufin Varas, 2013. "¿Dónde están los inmigrantes en Chile?: Un análisis de Patrones Espaciales de Residencia por Municipalidades," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 38, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2013.
- Rodríguez, Daniel A. & Mojica, Carlos H., 2009. "Capitalization of BRT network expansions effects into prices of non-expansion areas," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 560-571, June.
- Alcaraz V., Gabriela & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Insights from the Guatemalan food system: an application of exploratory spatial data analysis techniques for food security analysis," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51488, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Xingjian Liu & James LeSage, 2010. "Arc_Mat: a Matlab-based spatial data analysis toolbox," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 69-87, March.
- Rey, S.J., 2008.
"Show me the code: Spatial analysis and open source,"
9260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergio Rey, 2009. "Show me the code: spatial analysis and open source," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 191-207, June.
- Heba, Ines & Malin, Eric & Thomas-Agnan, Christine, 2002. "Exploratory spatial data analysis with GEOXP," ERSA conference papers ersa02p498, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1047 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:asg:wpaper:1007 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.