Forecasting the Bankruptcy Risk on the Example of Romanian Enterprises
AbstractThe purpose of this paper represents the foundation of a score function, effective in the forecast of bankruptcy risk for companies in the Romanian economy. In order to achieve bankrupt / non-bankrupt discrimination in the econometric model, we have used relevant indicators regarding liquidity, indebtment and profitability. Based on the financial information for 2010, on a sample of 70 enterprises, we have developed an econometric model for the forecast of bankruptcy risk, subsequently tested on a new sample of 30 enterprises. The results achieved can form a landmark for Romanian enterprises in substantiating decisions, with the purpose to avoid financial failure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Statistical Review in its journal Romanian Statistical Review Supplement.
Volume (Year): 60 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 16 Libertatii Avenue, Sector 5, Bucureşti, Code 70542
Phone: 004 021 336 2691
Fax: 004 021 3124873
Web page: http://www.revistadestatistica.ro
More information through EDIRC
discriminant analysis; bankruptcy; forecast; financial ratios; score;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Factor Analysis
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Visoiu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.