The Contribution of Green Public Procurement to Energy Efficiency Governance in Buildings
AbstractPublic authorities will play a crucial role fostering demand for energy efficient buildings through Green Public Procurement (GPP) and contributing to energy efficiency governance at local level. Using an econometric analysis, this study investigates which factors influence the development of GPP practices in the buildin and construction sector as supporting instrument for energy efficiency governance by the municipalities in Tuscany (Italy). The results highlight that GPP practices in the building and construction sector can contribute to the energy efficiency governance at local level if municipality undertakes a path which integrates increasing energy and environmental awareness and technical knowhow and expertise.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (April-June)
Contact details of provider:
green public procurement; local authorities; governance; energy efficiency; building and construction sector;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
- M48 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.