La vulnerabilità economica delle famiglie italiane
AbstractThis paper focuses on vulnerability to poverty in Italy. We estimate the incidence of vulnerable households drawing from the ISTAT Household Budget Surveys for the year range 1985-2001. We classify as vulnerable those families with a higher-than-average probability of falling below the poverty line in the year subsequent the date of the interview. By making use of the data in the form of a pseudo-panel, we find that vulnerable households represent a sizeable proportion of the population, reaching 50% in some years. The regional disparities are wide and increasing over time, vulnerability in the South being three times as much as in the North East.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (JULY-SEPTEMBER)
Contact details of provider:
povertà; vulnerabilità; condizioni di vita; benessere;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Brandolini & Giovanni Vecchi, 2011. "The Well-Being of Italians: A Comparative Historical Approach," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 19, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.