Ripartizione del rischio nelle aree territoriali italiane: un’indagine nel lungo e nel breve periodo
AbstractIn this paper we evaluate the existence of consumption risk sharing among specific geographical areas within Italy. By using an approach based upon the cointegration properties of the series and the error correction mechanisms, we analyze the emergence of risk sharing in the long- and in the short-run, encompassing the usual approach focussing on the short-run behavior only. The empirical evidence suggest that idiosyncratic risks are neutralized to a larger extent than previously found. In particular, only few areas were unable or unwilling to share their idiosyncratic risks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 92 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (May-June)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cavaliere, Giuseppe & Fanelli, Luca & Gardini, Attilio, 2006. "Regional consumption dynamics and risk sharing in Italy," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 525-542.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.