Fattori di attrazione degli investimenti diretti esteri nell’Unione Europea: il ruolo del contesto istituzionale e la competitività dell’Italia
AbstractThe present paper tries to analyse Italy’s lack of competitiveness, focusing on FDI location determinants. An empirical analysis is performed to define FDI inflows determinants common to a narrow group of industrialised countries. The results of empirical estimates show that Italy’s appeal as FDI host country is poor compared to other major European countries. In fact comparing the FDI determinants’ endowment of European countries, Italy ranks low for competitiveness in terms of employers’ social security contributions, government interference with the market and R&D expenditure. To reduce this gap, Italy should improve its location-specific advantages creating a more FDI-friendly institutional context by the adoption of suitable economic policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by SIPI Spa in its journal Rivista di Politica Economica.
Volume (Year): 91 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- FERRAGINA, Anna Maria, 2013.
"The Impact of FDI on Firm Survival and Employment: A Comparative Analysis for Turkey and Italy,"
CELPE Discussion Papers
127, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Anna Maria Ferragina & Fernanda Mazzotta & Erol Taymaz & Kamil Yilmaz, 2013. "The Impact Of Fdi On Firm Survival And Employment: A Comparative Analysis For Turkey And Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1211, European Regional Science Association.
- Roberta De Santis & Maria Cristina Mercuri & Claudio Vicarelli, 2001. "Taxes and Location of Foreign Direct Investments: an Empirical Analysys for the European Union Countries," ISAE Working Papers 24, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.