Monitoring Sustainable Agricultural Development in Romania
AbstractSustainable development is a concern of governments and groups of countries around the world. The topic is on top agenda because the need for a coherent development strategy became imminent under global crisis conditions. The objectives of the work consist in identifying the level of sustainable development of agriculture in Romania, by quantifying the indicators developed by the European Union and those published by the United Nations. The main results show a slight progress in sustainable agricultural development of Romania, at least in those regarding the area under organic farming, which increased 8 times from 2000 to 2009.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania in its journal REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT.
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
sustainable development; organic agriculture; models of production and consumption.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marian NASTASE & Catalina RADU (GHERASE) & Oana – Catalina TAPURICA & Florin TACHE, 2010. "Methodological issues concerning the development of sustainable industrial parks," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(2), pages 485-494, December.
- Mariana BRAN & Claudia Elena PAICU & Iuliana DOBRE, 2011. "The Management of Regional Biodiversity – Forest Potential," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(2), pages 282-292, May.
- Iuliana DOBRE, 2012. "The Knowledge Implications on Performant Management of Agricultural Production Structure," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(1), pages 103-110, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.