A Neuro-Classification Model for Socio-Technical Systems
AbstractThis paper presents an original classifier model based on an artificial neural network (ANN) architecture that is able to learn a specific human behavior and can be used in different socio-economic systems. After a training process, the system can identify and classify a human subject using a list of parameters. The model can be further used to analyze and build a safe socio-technical system (STS). A new technique is applied to find an optimal architecture of the neural network. The system shows a good accuracy of the classifications even for a relatively small amount of training data. Starting from a previous result on adaptive forecasting, the model is enhanced by using the retraining technique for an enlarged data set.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institute for Economic Forecasting in its journal Romanian Journal for Economic Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 6 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
artificial neural network; training process; classification; socio-technical system;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
- C89 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other
- C90 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.