Optimal Pricing in Electrical Networks over Space and Time
AbstractAn electrical system is modelled with a transmission network, customers, central generators, and independent generators. The system is subject to stochastic failures and stochastic demand parameters. Optimal spot prices are derived for the system. They vary stochastically with space and time, and depend on electrical load flow patterns. The price difference between two locations or two voltage levels, and the wheeling charge between them, will change magnitude and sometimes sign over time, as a function of events throughout the network. Current spatial pricing methods are significantly different from the spot-price-based methods derived here.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The RAND Corporation in its journal RAND Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1984)
Issue (Month): 3 (Autumn)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rje.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jullien, Céline & Pignon, Virginie & Robin, Stéphane & Staropoli, Carine, 2012.
"Coordinating cross-border congestion management through auctions: An experimental approach to European solutions,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-13.
- Céline Jullien & Virginie Pignon & Stéphane Robin & Carine Staropoli, 2011. "Coordinating cross-border congestion management through auctions : An experimental approach to European solutions," Working Papers 1121, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Céline Jullien & Virginie Pignon & Stéphane Robin & Carine Staropoli, 2012. "Coordinating cross-border congestion management through auctions: An experimental approach to European solutions," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) halshs-00617026, HAL.
- Markus Ksoll, 2001. "Two stages of uniform delivered pricing and a monopolistic network in competitive electricity markets," ERSA conference papers ersa01p280, European Regional Science Association.
- Markus Ksoll & Klaus Schöler, 2001. "Alternative Organisation zweistufiger Strommmärkte - Ein räumliches Marktmodell bei zweidimensionaler Verteilung der Nachfrage -," Volkswirtschaftliche DiskussionsbeitrÃ¤ge 47, Universität Potsdam, Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00617026 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.