A Proposed Modification of Taylor's Demand Analysis: Comment
AbstractIn estimating demand functions for electricity, it is inappropriate to use as a variable (in addition to marginal price) either average price for blocks other than the final one or total payment for blocks other than the final one. It is appropriate to use (in addition to marginal price) a variable equivalent to a lump-sum payment the customer must make before buying as many units as he wants, at the marginal price.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The RAND Corporation in its journal Bell Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (1976)
Issue (Month): 2 (Autumn)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rje.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel Bacharach & William J. Vaughan, 1994. "Household Water Demand Estimation," IDB Publications 25218, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Diego Maria André & José Carvalho, 2014. "Spatial Determinants of Urban Residential Water Demand in Fortaleza, Brazil," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 28(9), pages 2401-2414, July.
- Marielle Montginoul, 2007. "Analysing the Diversity of Water Pricing Structures: The Case of France," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 861-871, May.
- Ming-Feng Hung & Bin-Tzong Chie, 2013. "Residential Water Use: Efficiency, Affordability, and Price Elasticity," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 275-291, January.
- Dinusha Dharmaratna & Edwyna Harris, 2012. "Estimating Residential Water Demand Using the Stone-Geary Functional Form: The Case of Sri Lanka," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 26(8), pages 2283-2299, June.
- Nina Boogen & Souvik Datta & Massimo Filippini, 2014. "Going beyond tradition: Estimating residential electricity demand using an appliance index and energy services," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 14/200, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Corral, Leonardo & Fisher, Anthony C. & Hatch, Nile W., 1998. "Price And Non-Price Influences On Water Conservation: An Econometric Model Of Aggregate Demand Under Nonlinear Budget Constraint," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20958, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Teresa Torregrosa & Martín Sevilla & Borja Montaño & Victoria López-Vico, 2010. "The Integrated Management of Water Resources in Marina Baja (Alicante, Spain). A Simultaneous Equation Model," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 24(14), pages 3799-3815, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.