Análsis de la Relación de Causalidad entre el Índice de Precios del Productor y del Consumidor en los Países Miembros del TLCAN
AbstractThis paper analyzes the relationship between the price producer index and the price consumer index across country members of the Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) area, during the period 1957:01 to 2011:04. In so doing, we test for the existence of causality and unit root in the series analyzed in this research. The results suggest that the causality between these index runs in both directions, namely from producer prices to consumer prices, and vice versa. Yet, both prices contain useful information contributing to predict the behavior of each other.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo, Instituto de Investigaciones Económicas y Empresariales in its journal Revista Nicolaita de Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): VII (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
price; causality; unit root; NAFTA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mario Gómez Aguirre).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.