Understanding business economics for investment managers
AbstractThe complex dynamics of world financial markets yield inherent uncertainty and the prospect of periods of enhanced volatility. The turbulent global economic and regulatory environment of the past few years has certainly illustrated this reality. As investment managers interpret clients’ evolving risk tolerances and investment objectives, striving to unlock opportunity in a fast-paced and ever-changing world, they also need to navigate their own course toward sustainable growth and profitability. To stay strong and competitive, investment managers are looking for ways to differentiate by enhancing products and services, offering new investment solutions, accessing new channels to expand client relationships, and working to meet investor demands for more information, greater transparency, and increased involvement in the investment process. To maximize resources available to advance these initiatives, they are evaluating strategies to lower operating expenses by improving process efficiency, restructuring operations, and ensuring alignment of global resource deployment. This paper explores how one innovation - strategic cost management - can help investment managers measure profitability more accurately and in richer detail.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 36 (2013)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
investment manager; investment objectives; portfolio management; investment strategy; investment solutions; asset manager; asset management; cost management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.