A risk-based risk finance paradigm
AbstractWe propose an alternative to the conventional risk finance paradigm of enterprise risk management that accounts for not only a loss portfolio’s expected frequency and expected severity, but also its “risk” as captured by an appropriate measure of dispersion/spread. This new paradigm is based upon four distinct properties of a loss portfolio that enhance the benefits of diversification: (1) a high expected frequency; and (2) less-than-perfect positive correlations between individual severities; (3) light-tailed severities; and (4) a predictable (i.e. non-erratic) frequency.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
risk finance paradigm; enterprise risk; enterprise risk management; loss portfolio; ERM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.