Options, futures, and other derivatives in Russia: an overview
AbstractThis article provides a descriptive overview of the Russian market for financial derivatives. According to available figures, the Russian market for financial derivatives has been subject to enormous growth for the last ten years. Starting from a low level, turnover of on-exchange derivatives rose annually by an average of 120 percent between 2000 and 2009 and reached a total turnover of €336 billion in 2009. Turnover of OTC derivatives rose on average by 47 percent in the period from April 2004 to April 2007, based solely on the Russian OTC foreign exchange derivatives market data. Projected figures suggested a total turnover of €7.5 trillion in the Russian OTC derivatives market by 2007. The recent financial crisis had a clear negative impact on the market, but only when foreign currency effects are accounted for. The total turnover on major Russian exchanges expressed in RUB increased by 2 percent in 2009 compared to 2008.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 29 (2010)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
Russia; Financial Derivatives Market; Russian Financial Derivatives Markets;
Other versions of this item:
- Rotfuß, Waldemar, 2007. "Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives in Russia: An Overview," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-059, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.