The future of financial risk management
AbstractThe financial crisis of 2008 has revealed a number of facts that we now acknowledge. We now know that liquidity matters very much, that the future may be unpredictable, that non-transparency, complexity,and ambiguity, combined with greed can lead to “management risks” that can derail financial sustainability, and that financial models are not efficient. These revelations have increased our awareness that our financial expectations can and do falter. This renewed awareness may alter the financial regulatory environment,financial markets in general, our financial attitudes and beliefs,and, by extension, the future of financial risk management. In light of these events, the purpose of this paper is to assess the future of financial risk management and highlight essential concerns that may be relevant in meeting the challenges of a financial world increasingly in turmoil.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 29 (2010)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
finance; risk; management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.