Modeling and pricing of credit derivatives using macroeconomic information
AbstractWe show how to price credit default options and swaps based on a four-factor defaultable term-structure model. One of the key factors is a macroeconomic factor that takes into account the impact of the general economy on the quality of firms. We derive the pricing functions and show how to calibrate the model to market prices. Basically, we need three pieces of information: the actual non-defaultable, the defaultable, and the zero-recovery defaultable term structure. The first two pieces can be easily obtained from observable market data, the latter can be inferred from the other two. We illustrate the whole pricing process, from model specification and parameter estimation to the actual credit derivatives pricing. Our data includes the recent credit crisis and proves the performance of our model even through times of market dislocation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 26 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
Credit default options; Swaps; defaultable term-structure model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.