Should you, would you, could you invest in hedge funds?
AbstractHedge funds have become the darling of investors due to their presumed capacity to make money under all market conditions. Some are certainly worth investing in, and can augment a portfolio in very attractive ways. At the same time, they carry not only more but quite different risks than do portfolios of liquid securities. If you do not have the skills to evaluate these risks, don’t invest. Using an agent in the form of a fund of funds advisor instead of investing directly has a lot of advantages, but not that of reducing the skill required. If you can not evaluate the fund-of-funds manager, do not invest.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 10 (2004)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
Hedge funds; investments in hedge funds; funds-of-funds;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.