The role of hedge funds for long-term investors
AbstractHedge funds have gained popularity for increasing investment returns. We focus on the role of this asset category for long-term investors, with attention to rebalancing a portfolio of diversified assets. An investor must seek out securities with low correlations to traditional assets to maximize asset growth. Current hedge fund returns, as measured by average performance, show dependencies with equity returns. Other limitations and opportunities for hedge funds are discussed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 10 (2004)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
Hedge funds; returnd; hedge fund performance limitations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.