Trans-border securities transactions: Is the current regulatory and legislative framework hampering growth and competitiveness of European securities markets?
AbstractThis paper highlights the findings of the recent study conducted by the Lamfalussy Group into the implications of the current pan-European regulations on competitiveness of the European securities markets. We found that the current regulatory environment is too slow and rigid to facilitate the type of growth that the European securities markets demand and deserve. We recommend that a more powerful institution be established, which provides guidelines for best practices and has the power to enforce them.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
Lamfalussy Group; European securities markets; European securities regulations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.