The role of the euro on the corporate bond markets in the Euro Area
AbstractThe euro has played an important catalysing role for the deepening and broadening of the corporate bond markets in the euro area. The most remarkable market growth has been recorded for bonds issued by euro area non-bank financials, reflecting increasing securitisations. The euro has had a direct impact on it according to empirical estimates. The euro also has indirectly affected the euro area corporate bond market growth through a boost to mergers and acquisitions and most likely through lower financing costs and higher economic growth. As regards the broadening of the euro area corporate bond market, the most remarkable development since 1999 has been the growing issuance of lower rated corporate bonds. The economic importance of the different issuer segments of the corporate bond market differs, however, still considerably across euro area countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Capco Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Transformation.
Volume (Year): 19 (2007)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 120 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10271
Phone: +1 212 284 8600
Web page: http://www.capco.com/
corporate bond market; euro;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Avadanei, Andreea, 2010.
"Dinamica integrarii pietelor europene de obligatiuni
[The dynamic of European bond markets' integration]," MPRA Paper 31300, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Springett).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.