Should the Caribbean Countries Sign an Economic Partnership Agreement with the EU?: Challenges and Strategic Options
AbstractCurrently, the European Union is negotiating an free trade agreement, called Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), with Caribbean countries as part of the Cotonou Agreement between the European Union and African, Caribbean and Pacific countries. The paper empirically assesses the impact of the proposed EPA on trade flows and government revenue for Caribbean countries. The results indicate that the decline in import duties due to the preferential tariff elimination might be of some cause for concern in a number of countries, and that complementary fiscal and economic policies have to be implemented before or at the time the EPA comes into force.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 22 (2007)
Issue (Month): ()
Economic Partnership Agreement; EU; Cariforum; Caricom; Caribbean;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O54 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.