Strategic Services Policies and International Trade Integration in Vietnam
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to analyze Vietnam’s services policies and to evaluate their effectiveness and consistency, in the framework of the country’s increasing international economic integration. Among the various services sectors, the paper focuses specifically on a sub-group, namely strategic services,(and on energy and telecommunications in particular. The paper is organized as follows. The introduction sketches a few basic facts about the Vietnamese economy. Section 1 underlines the key role of strategic services, and describes the main tenets of economic reforms in the domain of services. Section 2 analyzes the international trade dimension of services policies in Vietnam, presently characterized by the recent signing of the Bilateral Trade Agreement (BTA) with the US and by the on-going multilateral negotiations aimed at accessing the WTO. Section 3 focuses on Vietnam’s policies in the area of strategic services, with particular attention for energy and telecommunications. Section 5 proposes a few conclusive remarks. The Annex reports a few basic facts and figures on Vietnam’s services sector.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 20 (2005)
Issue (Month): ()
Services; Vietnam; Trade; Integration; SOEs; Monopoly; Privatization; Public enterprises;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.