Economic and Environmental Issues in International Trade and Production of Genetically Modified Foods and Crops and the WTO
AbstractInternational trade in agriculture is growing rapidly under the auspices of the WTO. Within agriculture, a recent contentious issue relates to trade in genetically modified foods and crops. This paper examines a variety of issues associated with these foods and crops both from advanced and developing countries perspectives. The paper notes significant concerns from a variety of perspectives
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University in its journal Journal of Economic Integration.
Volume (Year): 19 (2004)
Issue (Month): ()
Sustainable agriculture; Genetically modified organisms (GMOs); Trade; WTO;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chieko Tokuyama & J. Ram Pillarisetti, 2006. "Measuring Human Wellbeing And Advancing Sustainable Development: How Credible Are The Undp'S Human Development Reports?," Monash Economics Working Papers 03/06, Monash University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jong-Eun Lee).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.