Is Government Investment Underprovided in Europe? Evidence from a Panel of Fifteen Countries
AbstractThis paper estimates the productivity of government capital for a panel of fifteen European countries in the 1960-1992 period, and tests whether government investment is optimally provided. The empirical results support the following conclusions: (i) When time effects are included in the regression the estimated marginal product of government capital is not statistically significantly different from zero; (ii) The hypothesis that the marginal products of private and government capital are equal cannot be rejected. Therefore, the evidence of this paper cannot reject the Panglossian view that government investment is neither underprovided nor overprovided in the fifteen countries of our sample.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 50 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Óscar Bajo Rubio & Carmen Díaz Roldán & M.a Dolores Montávez Garcés, .
"Optimal Endowments Of Public Investment: An Empirical Analysis For The Spanish Regions,"
20-02 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Diaz-Roldan & M. Dolores Montavez-Garces, 2001. "Optimal endowments of public investment: an empirical analysis for the spanish regions," ERSA conference papers ersa01p173, European Regional Science Association.
- Óscar Bajo Rubio & Carmen Díaz Roldán & M.Dolores Montávez Garcés, 2002. "Optimal Endowments of Public Investment: An Empirical Analysis for the Spanish Regions," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/14, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Bajo-Rubio, Oscar & Diaz-Roldan, Carmen & Montavez-Garces, M. Dolores, 2002. "Optimal endowments of public investment: an empirical analysis for the Spanish regions," ERSA conference papers ersa02p214, European Regional Science Association.
- Boopen Seetanah, 2011. "Optimal endowments of transport investment: an empirical analysis for mauritius," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 827-838, May.
- Sklias, Pantelis & Tsampra, Maria, 2011. "Assessing regional integration and business potential in the Western Balkans," MPRA Paper 36341, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.