Spillovers internazionali di efficienza nel settore manifatturiero italiano - International efficiency spillovers into the Italian manufacturing sector
AbstractThis paper examines the main theoretical and empirical interpretations regarding the effects of foreign direct investment on technical efficiency of local firms and, in particular, in which way technical efficiency spillovers relate to the size of the technology gap between domestically-owned firms and foreign firms. By taking into account the Italian manufacturing sector and using cross-sectional data, we find that productivity levels are higher in the domestic sectors where multinational firms account far larger shares and that efficiency spillovers are higher the lower the size of the technology gap between domestic and foreign firms.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 50 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.