D. Jianping - Agglomeration Effects in Manufacturing Location - Are there any Country’s Preferences?
AbstractGeographic location of a firm reveals its country’s preference. This paper examines the agglomeration effects of the location of 1.5.5. and Japanese manufacturing firms within China’s 30 administrative regions during the period 1981—4996. The empirical results from the Conditional Logit Model (CLM) indicate that agglomeration effects exist in both countries’ site choices, though they are varied in degree by sectors owing to firms’ nature and country’s preference. Similarities and differences between the two countries in their plant location are also studied.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Investment; location; agglomeration; urbanization; China; Japan; U.S.A.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.