Technological Capability: Empirical Evidence from the Turkish and Greek Industrial Sector
AbstractIn this paper we examine the impact of firms’ economic and technological characteristics and of policy variables at domestic level on the technological activity of Turkish and Greek manufacturing. To this end a general index, the Technology Response Index is developed. The paper demonstrates that in Turkish firms the export orientation of the sampled firms, the incentives for R&D offered by the state, the number of scientists and engineers engaged in R&D activities and to a lesser extent the industry protection policy, all play a significant role in involvement with, and respond to technological activities. Among Greek firms, the results suggest that the export orientation of the sampled firms, the incentives for R&D provided by European Union authorities and the domestic policy incentives offered to producers all affect positively the upgrading of technological capabilities.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Palaskas, Theodosios & Tsampra, Maria, 2003. "Η Επιχειρηματική Ανταγωνιστικότητα Στην Οικονομία Της Γνώσης: Προσδιοριστικοί Παράγοντες Της Καινοτομικότ�," MPRA Paper 33561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.