Effects of International Trade and Technological Progress on Wage Inequality in Latin American Countries
AbstractThis paper deals with the impact of trade and technoiogy on wage dispersion in Latin American countries, and its effects on the distribution of weifare and economic growth. Section i provides a generai introduction describing the framework of the research. The foliowing two sections review the reievant trade and technology iiterature. The fourth section presents some suggestions to deveiop a dynamic modei abie to capture the roie piayed by Information and Communication Technoiogy (ICT) in a Skiil-Biased Technicai Change (SBTC) framework. The final section concludes the work.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Giobaiisation; Inequaiity; Information and Communication Technoiogy; Latin America; North-South Trade;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.