"Perspiration" versus "Inspiration" in Malaysian Industrialisation
AbstractThis paper studies the process of Malaysian industrialisation by examining the productivity performance of 28 manufacturing industries from 1981-96. Unlike previous studies, here, an improved version of the stochastic frontier model is used to determine if manufacturing output growth was a result of perspiration (factor accumulation) and/or inspiration (total factor productivity growth). In addition, productivity growth is decomposed to obtain measures of technological progress and technical efficiency, thereby paving the path for more accurate policy implications for sustainable growth in the Malaysian manufacturing sector.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 55 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Total factor productivity growth; Technological progress; and Technical efficiency;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.