Financial Deindexation in Slovenia
AbstractThe monetary policy is one of the key factors in decreasing the price growth. The impact of a foreign-exchange transmission channel on the behaviour of the real sector is evident. The significance of an interest rate transmission channel is relatively negligible because of the widespread use of the indexation of the lending and deposit interest rates of banks as well as other financial instruments. In Slovenia, this role has been adequately performed by the base interest rate (BIR), the average of past twelve months inflation, representing the way of indexation. Country experience has shown that disinflation and deindexation efforts should go hand-in-hand to succeed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 56 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Monetary policy; disinflation; deindexation; nominal rates;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.