The Risk-Adjusted Interest Rate Parity: Panel Data Evidence
AbstractThe interest rate parity relationship is analysed with and without the inclusion of a time-varying risk premium. A panel data set of returns on Eurocurrency deposits is used to test for a panel unit root as well as for common movements in the risk premia across deposits denominated in different currencies. The results showed that each variable in the panel is stationary. The main empirical finding is that the UIP is not supported for any country in the sample except perhaps for Japan indicating support for the Risk-adjusted uncovered interest parity model but not for the UIP without a risk premium included. That evidence is then regarded as support for the Risk-adjusted UIP assumption underlying the Portfolio model of exchange rate determination.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Eurocurrency; Interest rate parity; Panel unit root test; Risk premia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.