Effect of General Uncertainty on Venture-Capital Investments: A Cross-Country Study
AbstractUsing panel data for 19 OECD countries covering the period 1986-1995, we find effect of general economic uncertainty on venture-capital investments to be significantly negative. The more irreversible late-stage venture-capital investments are much more adversely affected by such uncertainty than earlystage investments.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Venture-capital; Investment irreversibility; Uncertainty;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajeev Goel & Iftekhar Hasan, 2005. "An IT professional’s dilemma: be an entrepreneur or a consultant?," Netnomics, Springer, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 17-25, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.