Risk Management for an Internationally Diversified Portfolio
AbstractIn this paper we explicitly compute the optimal asset allocation for an investor maximizing the expected (CRRA) utility of his final wealth in a simple framework with: (i) a stochastic domestic interest rate, (ii) a stochastic exchange rate, (iii) both a domestic and a foreign riskless asset, and (iv) both a domestic and a foreign risky asset. This explicit solution allows us to widely investigate the behaviour of the optimal portfolio hedging component with respect to all the parameters in the model. In particular, we show a numerical simulation for investigating the hedging strategy against the exchange rate risk.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
International investment; exchange rate risk;
Other versions of this item:
- Francesco Menoncin, . "Risk management for an internationally diversified portfolio," Working Papers ubs0404, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.