Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Employment in Pacifi c Island Countries: An Empirical Study of Fiji
AbstractAmong the 14 Pacifi c island countries, (PICs) Fiji, with its relatively better endowments in land and human resources as well as physical infrastructure, has been one of the ten favourite destinations of foreign direct investment (FDI) in Asia-Pacifi c. The gains from FDI include not only creation of employment in those sectors, which attracted overseas investors, but also of additional employment opportunities in ancillary sectors, which are supportive to all production oriented activities in the economy. This paper undertakes an econometric study of the impact of FDI in Fiji during a 30-year period. The study results confi rm that FDI contributed to employment creation and economic growth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 60 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
foreign direct investment; Pacifi c island countries; Fiji; employment; cointegration; bounds testing procedure.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.