Relazioni verticali e organizzazione d’impresa: nuove tematiche sul fronte dell’oligopolio / Vertical relations and firms organization:new issues on the oligopoly front
AbstractThe paper discusses the evolution of the oligopoly theory, starting from Augustin Cournot’s seminal contribution until the most recent developments that extensively exploit the sophisticated tools derived from game theory and mechanism design. We then show how the oligopoly models have been used to understand the vertical organizations of firms operating in productive chains. We examine the determinants of the firms’ decision on the level of vertical integration, as well as the welfare consequences of the vertical contracts signed between vertically disintegrated firms operating in two different vertical stages. We finally discuss the effects of the decision on the level of vertical integration on product quality and on the innovation level.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 61 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Oligopoly; Productive Chain; Vertical Integration; Vertical Restraints;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.