Il prestito della pace. Un progetto vaticano elaborato durante la grande guerra / ‘The loan of peace’: a Vatican project devised during World War I
AbstractDuring the First World War, Carlo Santucci was invited, on behalf of the Holy See, to elaborate a project for the creation of a single international bond, named ‘The Loan of Peace’. Its aim was twofold: i) to shift the control of war debts from the national level to an international committee, in order to reduce costs by increasing warranties; ii) to foster the return of the Holy See on the world diplomatic scene, after some years of isolation, through the presence of a pontifical representative in this committee. Possible reasons for the abandonment of the project include the United States’ intervention in the war, which reduced the effectiveness of eurocentric enterprises, and the failure of pontifical peace diplomacy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Camera di Commercio di Genova in its journal Economia Internazionale / International Economics.
Volume (Year): 61 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Garibaldi 4, 16124 Genova, Italy
Phone: +39 010 27041
Fax: +39 010 2704222
Web page: http://www.ge.camcom.it/IT/Tool/Modulistica
More information through EDIRC
Holy See; World War I; War Debts; Peace Diplomacy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
- H80 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - General
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
- Y80 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines - - - Related Disciplines
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Procopio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.