The Role of Investment Funds in Romania
AbstractThe main aim of this article is to present the influence of investment funds on the economic growth in Romania between 2007 and 2010. Unfortunately some of the main findings of the paper are: insignificant share of investment funds in GDP, low correlation between inflation rate and the net subscriptions of equity funds, low correlation between benchmark interest rate and bond funds. Instead we validated the direct relationship between monetary funds and the benchmark interest rate. Also, the importance of national investment funds does reflect in: the share of net assets of financial investment companies in the market capitalization, in the share of equity traded at the BSE in the UCITS portfolios, and in the strong growth of net assets in recent years.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest in its journal Romanian Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 39 (March)
capital market; financial markets; monetary funds; financial system; net assets; banking system; bonds; portfolio assets; benchmark interest rate;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.