An Overview on the Romanian M&A Market during the Recent Financial Crisis
AbstractMerger and acquisition (M&A) activity is often a good indicator of how well a given market performs or whether the economic environment within a country is ripe for investment. Based on empirical studies and theoretical evidence the present paper investigates the status of the M&A market in Romanian and several other EU countries from the perspective of the recent financial crisis. By investigating the structure of the M&A activity within the last two years compared with the last ten years, a clearer picture can be drawn regarding the impact of the crisis upon the M&A market in Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest in its journal Romanian Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 37 (September)
Mergers and Acquisitions; Outgoing M&As; Cross-Country M&As;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Irina Sandu (Chiriac), 2011. "Mergers - Success Or Failure?," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 135-142, March.
- Anca-Simona HROMEI, 2013. "Reasons For Mergers And Their Impact On Companies," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 1, pages 82-88, June.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:27:hromeias is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniela Ciotina & Cristina-Ionela Fadur, 2010. "Possible Solutions To The World Crisis. An Accounting Perspective," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 2, pages 20-26, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.