Direction of Change at the Bucharest Stock Exchange
AbstractThe objective of our paper is to analyze the possibility to provide a forecast for the sign of the financial asset returns using the empirical prices of stocks listed at the Bucharest Stock Exchange. Previous research provided by Christoffersen and Diebold (2004) among others show that even if both the sign and the absolute value of returns are deterministic, their composure (the returns themselves) do not show autocorrelations. We focus on the deterministic nature of the signs by implementing a pure empirical analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest in its journal Romanian Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 11 (2008)
Issue (Month): 27 (January)
financial asset returns; empirical analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F37 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Finance Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Panait, Iulian & Slavescu, Ecaterina Oana, 2011. "Volatility and causality study of the daily returns on the Bucharest Stock Exchange during 2007-2011," MPRA Paper 41786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.