The Pace Of The Development In Communications And Information Technologies Is Driving The Information Society To Yesterdayâ€™S Incredible Steps
AbstractThe paper presents an analysis of the detailed mechanisms and models implied in the actual development of communication and information technologies (CIT), as the main factors which determine the pace of (CIT) and its major consequences on Information Society (IS.) The main issues of analysis are focused on identifying some deep links between CIT developmentâ€™s models and pace, on one hand, and IS radical progress steps, on the other hand. The prominent result of this analysis is reflected in a 3-dimensional global influence (volume of changes) on IS as model: horizontal diversity of activity fields, vertical/depth of the changes in the field and time - by the period and speed of the generated influence. On the issue of CIT development the paper includes the new approach of the 3-D transistor, developed by Intel and other important players, because this model comes with the extension from the planar model (2 dimensions) to the spatial 3-D model and so the number of transistors on chip could be radically increased, as an essential support for the integration capacity on the chip (the storage capacity) that must face the exadata era by speed, memory and computing power. Among conclusions, the paper points the CIT mechanism and pace which determine, by refining data and producing new knowledge, premises for optimized solutions, irrespective the application but especially where the efficiency and the radical progress in the field were difficult to obtain or long time expected. Classification-JEL: L63, L86, M15, O13, O33
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Romanian Distribution Committee in its journal Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine Volume 4 Issue 1.
Volume (Year): 4 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu
communications and information technologies; information society; mobile communications; Moore Law; exadata.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- GREU, Victor, 2011. "Evaluating The Development Steps Based On Life-Inspired Strategies For The Information And Communications Technologies," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 2(4), pages 11-19, December.
- GREU, Victor, 2012. "Searching The Right Tracks Of New Technologies In The Earth Race For A Balance Between Progress And Survival," Romanian Distribution Committee Magazine, Romanian Distribution Committee, vol. 3(1), pages 07-13, 02.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theodor Valentin Purcarea).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.